Friday, February 11, 2011

Comforts, Challenges and Other Chaotic Happenings



Comforts

The best part of being on the road is sharing time with your spouse. It's not always easy, but it's always interesting. My favorite time together is when we have an evening off; we get a new DVD, some popcorn, and a sweet treat. Our favorite shows are comedies, so we snuggle,  chomp and laugh.

Challenges

Preparing food is a challenge. I recently bought an electric skillet (what would we do without inverters?). Soupbeans, covered in raw onions and Mexican cornbread sounded good.

The beans were easy enough to microwave and I chopped up the onions. Then I preceded to mix up the cornbread batter. I added my own touch to the mix and I'm a pinch of this and a dash of that cook. Put it in until it looks right.

Ingredients:
Cornbread mix
egg
milk
peppers (banana or jalapeno)--few 10 slices
grated cheese --about a handful
corn--1/4 of a can
applesauce --about 6 spoonfuls

I throw it all together in a dish, mix briskly with a fork and it's ready to pour. In the preheated skillet, I poured four large pancake blobs.

Takes a bit of fiddling with the skillet to figure out how to fix the cornbread pancakes in it. After burning the first batch (we raked the burnt part off and ate it any way), I learned to turn the heat down and even off occasionally. Slow cooking insures the inside will get done at the same time as the outside.

Chaotic

I'm also a writer and I try to work writing in around everything else. I write for different websites and magazines. Among the magazines, is a men's magazine. I'm the one who writes those articles, the ones that men say, "I only buy it for the articles." Just kidding, it's not 'that' men's magazine.

I also write novels, mystery and suspense.

Next time I'll post some other sites I write for. 

Now that I've shared a little bit about life in our truck. How about you? Share something about yourself. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We have great times together. Always have, always will. Now if we could just keep the truck running.

Cher'ley said...

We do. It's always an adventure.